View our listing »
All the businesses on this government website have been vetted and approved and continue to be monitored by a professionally qualified Trading Standards Officers to help ensure you will receive a quality service and to maintain the integrity of the scheme.
Buy With Confidence is a national register of Trading Standards Approved businesses run independently by local authority trading standards departments.
Arborcure Ltd listed 2014, 2015 & 2016
- Great, friendly team. Works hard and gives fabulous results. Can definitely recommend.
- Such a helpful and caring tree surgeon. Climbed about 20 metres up a tree to rescue my cat who had been stuck for 5 days. Thoroughly recommend.
- Excellent Service at a very reasonable price.
- Professional from start to finish. Delivered quality work.
- Two very efficient and courteous young men. Trees cut, logged and tidied. Shrubs cut and shredded. Site left immaculate.
- An excellent service. Value for money. Left my home clean and tidy.
- Matt, a job well done, very professional job. I would not be afraid to recommend you
- Very efficient service. My tree was removed without damage and no mess remained. Matt also happily chopped the tree trunk into logs. I would recommend. Very happy customer.
- Very pleased thank you, did exactly what I asked for. Very prompt time keeping, turned up when expected and received polite service. Price for work was very reasonable. Would recommend to others and use again myself.
View our listing »
Nearly 40 years ago the AA established its Approved Contractor scheme to set the standard for tree work – an industry not regulated by government but one that cares for the largest living organisms on the planet in some of the most hostile growing environments.
In 2012 the scheme attained ISO 9001 (UKAS) accreditation in recognition of its quality management systems and is now a registered member of SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement forum, the ‘umbrella’ organisation for recognised health & safety schemes in the UK.) This brings further acceptance and credibility to its scheme members as the national standard for arboricultural contracting businesses.
The ARB Approved Contractor scheme offers a recognised benchmark for arboricultural contracting throughout the UK and Ireland and is increasingly required by Local Authorities and other large commercial organisations. ARB Approved Contractor is also of benefit in the domestic sector as a quality mark assuring the client of good quality tree care undertaken safely and efficiently.
View Trees.org.uk Website
TrustMark is the only Government endorsed scheme for trades in and around the home. We award registered firms with our accreditation after thorough vetting and on-site inspections to ensure the firm is raising industry standards.
This accreditation gives customers reassurance of quality and protection from rogue traders. TrustMark is the only ‘find a tradesperson’ scheme to cover all 3 cornerstones of quality:
- Good Trading Practices
- Good Customer Service
- Technical Competence
View Trustmark Website
View our listing »
CHAS (The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) was created by experienced health and safety professionals in 1997 to improve health and safety standards across the UK.?
In partnership with the Association of London Government (ALG), CHAS was a key developer of the core criteria held in the Approved Code of Practice which supported the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 (now recogonised as CDM 2015) and is a founder member of SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement). As one of the founders of third party accreditation we are not only a trusted advisor on health and safety compliance, we are an authority. We set industry bench?marks, provide assurance and reassurance, and offer best-in-class service??s that are easy to use and cost effective.
This health and safety legislation was created to achieve the following aims:
- To simplify health and safety contractor assessment by standardising requirements.
- To allow companies to avoid undergoing health and safety assessments for every job.
We have more than 900 public and private sector client organisations and 70,000 contractors registered on the CHAS database.
View chas Website
Safe Contractor Approved
SafeContractor was initially developed as a bespoke project for a Property Management client, who wished to outsource the annual vetting of contractors on its approved list. Interest shown by other clients identified the potential for a standardised system that could be offered to the whole company's client base.
In 1999, SupplyLine was born. After further development the product was expanded to provide web based access to its clients, and was re-branded as SafeContractor in 2003.
Steady growth and the adoption of the system by some major brand names such as Kellogg, Debenhams Retail Plc, Home Retail Group and General Motors UK, saw entry into new client markets and further growth in contractor members.
SafeContractor is part of the Alcumus Group, the market-leading provider of technology-enabled compliance risk management, certification and verification services.
Alcumus Group employs circa 700 people and supports more than 30,000 clients in the UK and internationally with their Testing, Inspection & Certification (TIC) and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) strategies.
View alcumusgroup.com website