Staff have undertaken intensive training and assessment at the internationally renowned Kingswood Training based in Kent who specialise in teaching all aspects of tree work from the felling of small trees to the dismantling of large trees using more advanced ropework and lowering systems.
We also offer a tree safety inspection and report service to British Standard 8516. All courses and qualifications attained here comply with NPTC (National Proficiency Test Council) standard.
- Safe maintenance and operation of chainsaws.
- Felling trees and processing of timber.
- Safe climbing techniques and aerial rescue.
- Use of chainsaws from a rope and harness.
- Carrying out dismantling operations.
- Brushwood chipper, stumpgrinder and strimmer safety and maintenance Certificate of Attendance.
Staff are also fully trained to carry out risk assessments prior to undertaking any work and are fully covered by our liability insurance. We also employ staff with Signs, Cones & Lighting Certificates from BABTE (All of our staff undergo regular First Aid refresher training and undertake regular Aerial Rescue practice).
We fully comply with guidelines set out by the Arboricultural and Forestry Advisory Group (AFAG) and Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
All pruning cuts comply to modern arboricultural principles which limit, as much as possible, the impact of tree surgery on tree health.